There have always been challenging problems in the construction industry from the past to the present, including the moisture and water infiltration in the buildings, water wastage in watercourses, and water leakage from the reservoirs and the pools, such that the engineers and practitioners of the field have tried to provide reliable and lasting methods to solve these problems.
The potential paradox is that in some cases, water infiltration as a destruction factor is what must not be happening while in the other some, the aim is to produce a structure by which water is conveyed to the desired destination without any leakage.
Today, there are different ways to control the water/moisture infiltration or leakage in the construction projects, but deciding on these particular cases is always accompanied by worries due to the available unreliable options in the market.
Because of economically justified large investments and the multiplicity of items that need to be considered in the engineering construction industry, the specialized attitude on all these issues has become significantly important with compatible with the speed of scientific and practical developments.
The specialized and engineering NSG group, with the scientific and research approach, has focused on state-of-the-art products, materials, procedures, and experiences with the cooperation of the most well-known European raw material manufacturing companies and therefore, offers safe and economical options to the civil engineering industry.
All mineral-made construction materials have capillary properties and are inherently hydrophilic and absorbent surfaces.
The coatings derived from petroleum and bitumen have been the conventional materials for seaming surfaces and preventing water infiltration and leakage in recent decades and were the first or even the sole option in technical decision making.
These materials may be the right options for some applications, but in many cases they have been used as the only alternative and have never met adequately the professionals and the customers’ needs, the issue that has led to unreliability and endless worries of the engineers in this industry.
The following reasons describe why the use of bitumen coatings and bitumen-based products has been decreased drastically in all developed countries.
- It is not possible to use them in all spots and surfaces.
- They may cause Environmental problems and health risks due to their petroleum derivatives.
- There are operational risks in heating and melting procedures of bitumen and its derivatives.
- Bituminous coatings and its derivatives are not adhesive, flexible and coherent enough in all regional and seasonal climatic conditions.
- They need to be applied by skilled professionals only.
- They are highly sensitive and may be perforated during and after application and before creating a protective coating.
- It is not possible to apply the protective coating using construction materials such as grout, cement mortars, mosaics, ceramics, stone, etc. without intermediaries.
Some of Features and Usages of NSG Products
- Sealing all surfaces that are exposed to direct water flow
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces and the integration of different surfaces
- Insulating the walls and floors of toilets, bathrooms, swimming pools, Saunas, Jacuzzis, kitchens, terraces, all kinds of water fountains, drinking water tanks, fish ponds, etc.
- Insulation of wet basements or the places with hygroscopic ability to absorb moisture from the side surfaces
- Restoration and sealing inside odorless building spaces
- Insulating the foundation and the tie without creating restrictions for the wall and construction mesh, etc.
- Retaining walls that are exposed to moisture after excavation.
- Establishment or coverage of agricultural water canals without wasting water
- Filling cracks in concrete and cement surfaces and walls